Friday, February 8, 2013

Oh Sleep, Why Aren't We Friends?



Once upon a time I was a morning person and I think I still kind of am, but holy smokes it takes me a long time to get my bum out of bed in the morning. Waking up was once my favorite part of the day, it felt so fresh and exciting but now I'm lucky if I fall asleep before three and you would think someone asked me to kill my dog when my alarm goes off. The other morning I thought my world was crashing to the ground when my alarm rang for the fifth time, I probably would have paid to have the clock go back three hours. I just cannot get my sleeping straight. 

Even now. It's 2:55AM and all I want to do is crawl into that bed pictured above, which is literally two steps behind me, but I can't because writing a draft post really seems that much more important. Sick isn't it? Hopefully this blog excitement stops soon because I'm starting to see the lack of sleep in my eyes and no one likes looking into baggy eyes. But in all honesty, it's not just the blog, sleep just doesn't seem like a good use of time these days. There is always something better for me to be doing, such as writing a blog post, cooking late night 'snacks', creating templates for work, cleaning, or listening to music that I haven't had the chance to in years. For real, years. 

I'm almost positive this has to do with every second of daylight hours being spent at work and around people. I've always been an introvert so when the sun goes down and I have a few select hours to myself sleeping doesn't sound so appealing. Unfortunately, sleeping is necessary and without it I may just go nuts. No, I will go nuts, that's for 'effing sure. 

But the thing is I am in love with sleep. I crave it and I know this, I just take it for granted. The upside to writing an entire post about sleep is that I am actually yawning and I think I can take those two steps backwards and crawl into bed finally. Wish me luck in the morning because the thought of that nine hour shift I work tomorrow is making me nauseous. 

Night. 



Anna. 

No comments:

Post a Comment