Sunday, August 24, 2014

N/A

//

The eyes, that at almost any given moment are warm, filled with welcome and willing, fell weary in a memory. 

A body usually bold and bright went limp in that moment, remembering the day his knees became weak. 

He, my hero, became half while his eyes closed and body sank into the dirt beneath his clenched fists. 

// 

8-24-14 

To my Aaron, 

You inspire me. You demonstrate such strength, every minute of everyday. You walk through life with the utmost ultimate grace. Even on the hardest days. You amaze me with every step you take. You are my best friend, confidant,  inspiration, strength, soul-mate and husband. You are my reason to pursue anything and everything without fear. 

I love you. 



1 comment:

  1. Anna, you take my breath away, make my heart feel huge within my chest and bring tears of happiness that only a mother can shed. This....this one thing....this beautiful thing you speak of...this realization, this understanding, this empathetic compassion....this love, it's all I hope for within you. To love and be loved. Truly, beyond this skin and bones love - it is what holds us together and makes life worth living. I simply could not be more content in this moment.

    I knew this trip would be so many things on so many levels. When I heard your voice on the phone last night after a long vacation, hours and hours on the road and no sleep - when I heard your voice I knew. I just knew that it was all good. Not perfect. But good in the most sacred way. I am so glad that you found each other in this amazingly ENORMOUS and BEAUTIFUL world. Hold tight. Hold tight.
    Mom

    p.s. This is the most lovely thing you have ever written. Few words, yet oh so very powerful. I love you.

    ReplyDelete